Roasted Curried Cauliflower
Ready in 40 minutes
Serves 4 people
- 1 large (or 2 small) head(s) cauliflower, cored, broken into large-ish florets, florets sliced into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 onion, peeled, thickly sliced, root to tip
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (80 ml) olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons yellow curry powder
- 1/3 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven, line baking pan with foil: Pre-heat oven to 425°F (220°C) with a rack on the top third of the oven. Line a large rimmed baking with foil.
- Whisk together garlic, lemon juice, oil, curry, cinnamon, salt: Put the garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, curry powder, cinnamon, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Whisk vigorously until well combined.
- Coat floret slices with curry mixture: Add the cauliflower and onion slices to the bowl with the curry and toss to coat. Spread the cauliflower and onion slices on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast in oven: Roast in oven at 425°F (220°C) for 25 to 30 minutes until well browned. Check halfway through the cooking, and rotate the pan for more even cooking.
- Serve immediately or at room temperature.
If you don’t have yellow curry powder, you can substitute with a mix of ground cumin, ground turmeric, ground ginger, and ground coriander. The turmeric is what gives yellow curry powder its yellow color. Watch out, it stains!